Saturday, August 12, 2006

Servanthood

Where have I been? Why is it so quiet on the blogging front?

New Wine North

From 21st-29th July I was at New Wine North in Newark working as a Steward. It was a humbling experience to be part of the team which was there to serve the other 5000 people who came to be spiritually recharged and refreshed.

As often happens in the New Wine week we experienced a heatwave. It was amazing that I managed to get through the week without getting heatstroke. It was really hard work, but very enjoyable.

As well as the fellowship of the team, I also enjoyed fellowship around the campfire with members of St.Mark's (including Tony and Lorna who are at theological college).

One of the highlights of the week was the free afternoon when I spent two hours answering questions about the Old Testament with three students from Leeds. I felt like a Rabbi sitting in the Temple colonades interacting with the people who had come up to the festival. I then spent a further hour or so with Craig looking at what the bible had to say about Abraham and Ishmael. I love teaching when people want to learn.

No comments: