Friday, September 01, 2006

Purgatory

On Monday I went to say some opening prayers at "THE SHOP" but I arrived a minute late and was swept away by a human tsunami as the bargain hunters flowed in through the Parish Hall front doors. I was overwhelmed by an irresistable desire to do some paperwork, so I retreated back to my study and threw my life away.

Actually, I threw my sermons away ... along with six other black bin bags of paper that had been cluttering up my study for the past few years. I have not yet stated on the filing cabinet. I'll save that for another day.

Throwing away my sermons was a bereavement. Every one was jam-packed with precious treasures (Matthew 13:52) because I only ever preach what I believe the Lord has given me to preach. His word is life-giving and life-changing. BUT the bubble has been popped and the only reason for keeping them was PRIDE! Somehow, I don't think my published sermons would be read as avidly as Wesley's.

Before the purge, my study looked like this






I was a victim of my own administration





Now I am in a post-chaotic phase, but I don't expect it to last very long.

No comments: