Monday, March 20, 2006

I too venture into the world of Blogging....

Yesterday I was preaching on Luke 10 about doing evangelism the way Jesus taught his disciples ... by finding the Person of Peace and spending time eating and drinking with their family and friends. An hour later I was at a Christening in our traditional old Victorian building. When the parents of the baby invited me to come to the party I had to practice what I was preaching so I spent a couple of hours with some "samaritans". I call them "samaritans" rather than "gentiles" as these are the folk who come to church to get married and bring their children to be Christened.

What I love about these opportunities is the way the Holy Spirit goes before you. I found myself sitting next to one of the Godparents and I had the opportunity to heal some wounds caused by an insensitive member of the Church 5 years earlier. PTL

The "gentiles" have babies who are not Christened and if they get married it is either at the Registry office or on a beach somewhere! I was with some of the "gentiles" last Tuesday watching Man City knock Aston Villa out of the cup. The language can be choice ... but there are people of peace here too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still looking for a church that looks like the New Testament church I read about in the book of Acts.