Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Seeds of the Kingdom

I enjoyed the first part of yesterday evening exploring the missiological ideas in Mission-Shaped Church with some curates from Chester Diocese. I hope that some seeds were sown that bear fruit.

I did not enjoy hearing that MCFC had been knocked out of the FA cup whilst my attention was elsewhere!

A couple of Kingdom moments today. Whilst walking the dogs I met a lady distressed by being on the receiving end of a verbal tirade from another dog owner. After she had told me all about it I offered to pray with her. She was moved to tears. I trust that another seed has been sown.

Before lunch I went to see a chap who turned up on my doorstep yesterday very distressed. His life is in a mess an he wanted some help. I could have gone by myself, but I want to practice what I was preaching on Sunday. Jesus sent his disciples out in pairs (Luke 10:1) so I phoned John and asked him to come with me. Together we listened for a while and then explained the good news. Before we left we prayed with him. There may be a party going on in heaven. Time will tell. I am hopeful that this seed may have germinated.

No comments: